Article 6: Functions
Institute of International Education and Training has main functions as listed below:
1. Act as an agent of facilitating and managing the training, join training and exchange programs that having international involvement at Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE). In specific, the functions include:
a. Organize, plan and implement the management of all types of training for international students; hold the main responsibility for connecting and sourcing international students to study and research at HNUE;
b. Coordinate for the construction of training curriculum, teaching materials in align with the effective regulations and being well-tailored to learners’ needs; collaborate closely with training units for the best quality curricula and textbooks;
c. Receive and transfer international students under the exchange programs to the Office of Training and Office of Postgraduate;
d. Implement training programs, manage profiles and records, review process and prepare certificates then submit them to the University Chancellor for approval of learning results, applying for all international students of all training programs, including the short-term training and workshop;
e. Finalize the design and implementation plans of joint training programs as well as student exchange programs with related units (Training Department, Training Faculties) then submit them to the Chancellor for approval before deploying;
2. Act as an agent of organizing the research, application and transference of technology with international programs and projects to be implemented at the HNUE. In specific, the functions include:
a. Search for the international research funding sources with the aim of organizing cooperation activities in scientific research, application and transfer of science and technology;
b. Collaborate with international universities and organizations to implement research projects involve multiple participants;
c. Create a favourable environment for the implementation of research and academic activities in the field of education, educational management, language education and lifelong education for education institutions in and out of the country;
d. Coordinate to hold international conferences and seminars;
3. Act as an agent of providing different supporting services for international students. In specific, this includes:
a. Coordinate to provide information regarding admission, enrolment, support services for international students studying at HNUE as well as students of HNUE being sent to study abroad;
b. Organize counseling and supporting services for Vietnamese students wishing to study at overseas partner schools; provide advisory and support services for overseas students coming to practice, research and participate in educational and cultural activities in Vietnam under projects and cooperation agreements;
c. Provide consulting services and transfer of the training programs under economic agreements and contracts.
Article 7: Tasks
1. Institute of Foreign Education and Training has core tasks listed as follows:
a. Construct and present for the approval of University Chancellor the general development plan of the Institute to match with the overall development strategies of the university in international education and training;
b. Implement the Institute’s Overall Development Plan upon approval;
c. Carry out working plans assigned by the University; coordinate with the institution’s relevant units and mass organizations to perform its common tasks;
d. Propose other specific activities within the responsibility, then submit them to the University’s Board of Chancellors.
e. Manage and use effectively human resources and facilities;
2. The Institute of International Education and Training has additional tasks listed as follows:
a. Implement effectively training programs and projects in cooperation with international educational institutions and organizations in order to taking place signed agreements;
b. Participate in the implementation of University’s regular training programs in accordance with national and international education standards; following the curricula and textbooks issued by the University.
c. Implement flexibly all types of training in accordance with general regulations of the University; ensuring the consistency and updating of textbooks for international students in order to meet the learners’ demands; education programs and textbooks have to be closely examined and approved before being introduced into the University’s curricula.
d. Carry out research projects with domestic and foreign organizations, especially with foreign partners;
e. Transfer imported training technologies to faculties with the aim of enhancing the training quality of the Institute and the University;
f. Upgrade the process of receiving and managing international students at the Institute and the University;
g. Employ various resources to increase the effectiveness of international cooperation, which contributes positively to the development of the University; expand the scale of training cooperation with prestigious educational institutions in the world.
Article 8: Rights
The Institute of International Education and Training has rights listed as follows:
1. Report and present to the University Chancellor for approval upon annual plan and activity programs; following the reporting rules on a periodical basis;
2. Contact directly with national and international individuals and organizations so as to negotiate, make agreement and implement all the programs signed between the Institute/University and partners;
3. Be independent and exercise great control over finance, revenues and expenditures with a view to carry out effectively the Institute’s activities;
4. Propose the labor recruitment and remuneration according to work’s nature and productivity within the labor contract approved by the Chancellor
5. Use the University’s provided facilities with taking into account the cost of asset depreciation and reinvestment;
6. Determine the cost of training, certificate-issuing fees and other fees related to training courses organized by the Institute on the basis of general rules of the State and the guidance of the University’s Chancellor;
7. Perform financial obligations according to the regulations of the University, contribute to strengthening the University's resources; fully comply with the regulations on the use of the welfare and reward funds according to general regulations as well as rules on spending of the University and the Institute.